What is it?
In 5 years students complete their Undergraduate Degree AND their Masters in Applied Science.
Every year at the beginning of the winter term, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering reviews the transcripts of exceptional students in 3rd year and invites them to apply for the 4+1 program. Students who are accepted into the program work according to the following timeline:
- May of Third Year U/G
- Students start thesis research (ELEC 491)
- August of Third Year U/G
- Students submit their ELEC 491 report for grading
- September of Fourth Year U/G
- Students enrol in ELEC 492, 2 grad courses (1 per term) and ELEC 49X
- January 31st of Fourth Year U/G
- Students submit an application to the School of Graduate Studies for admission into the MASc
- April of Fourth Year U/G
- Students submit their ELEC 492 report for grading.
- Fifth Year - May to August (16 months) Graduate Studies
- Students take 2 more grad courses and continue research and work on their Master's Thesis while funded with a minimum MASc stipend and at graduate student tuition rates. Please contact the Graduate Program Assistant for specific details on your funding.